X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater Core??

I discoverd my floor was constanly wet with ani freeze..... ... I am assuming that it is the heater core.. How are are these to change in a 82 5......Anything to look out for ?

Replacing the heater core is pretty easy. Remove the heater hoses and drain hose, remove the nuts on the engine side of the firewall holding the heater box in, remove the actuating cables from the heater box, then pull the box out from under the dash. The two halves of the heater box are held together by a bunch of screws. While you are in there you should also replace the heater motor. Check out the link below. It is a little more work but is a cheap upgrade that doubles the volume of air pushed out the vents by the blower.

http://www.off-road.com/jeep/tech/body/heater.html

Comment

Originally posted by Scott82CJ7
      Check out the link below. It is a little more work but is a cheap upgrade that doubles the volume of air pushed out the vents by the blower.

http://www.off-road.com/jeep/tech/body/heater.html
      Scott, that looks real easy. Did you do that? Is it worth it; does that motor really push a lot more air? How about noise? (yeah, I know, Jeeps are so noisy anyway... but why add more if you don't get some benefit from it?)

Comment

Swapping the blower motor is a huge improvement over stock. It at least doubles the stock airflow. When the fan is on high though, it's pretty loud. When the fan is on medium or low you can't even hear it.

Comment

The one nut behind the valve cover is a pain....you need a long, pivoting 7/16" wrench, like the new ones Craftsman makes....It can be done without one, but its a B****

Comment

I installed the Blazer fan when I replaced my heater core. it definately blows alot more air than the stock fan motor. It is an easy upgrade. I didn't have any troublewith the nuts. The hardest part was enlarging the hole in the firewall.

Comment

Cutter

What did you use to cut a hole in the firewall. I have a Jigsaw. Think that might work? The according piece that goes from the heater box down to the heater vents, where do i get a new one. Mines falling appart. Thanks!

Comment

did that on mine if you have an air compressor use a die grinder with a deburring bit, or a grinding stone you dont have to remove that much material, remove the battery and tray LOL

Comment

Working...
                X