Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carter to a 2100

Gang-
    I have been researching this and could someone jump in if I have it wrong. I guess I'll need the new carb, an adapter plate for the intake, a manual choke possibly, and a mod to the throttle(push vs pull). If anyone has detailed instructions or pictures on the swap, what I can throw away...I believe I still need to hook up the vacuum advance for the distributor. Aside from that, I belive I can pitch all the emission stuff. I'd appreciate as much correction and recommendations before I "go for it", but the Carter is killing me. I am now moving to a state where I can do it...NOT CA!!

How about a holly 4bbl?

I assume you have a 4.2L 258, There are several intake manifolds that are made for 4bbl carbs. I have an offenhauser hi flow intake and a Holly 4 bbl carb. and it woke my 258 up. something really cool might be to go with the holley truck avenger witch is made to work on steep inclines as well.

Comment

maybe this...

Mike, see if this will help any.

http://www.cjoffroad.com/writeup.asp?WU_ID=16&noAdd=1

Also, I think Brikabee recently did this. Might pm him.

Comment

Sent you a pm
        I did mine a while back on a 79 CJ-7 with the 258, I am not using any smog or vacuum advance. Just had to advance the timing some,I know have a manual choke with a rear pull throttle linkage. Best set up I have ever had on the jeep.

Comment

I just did the 2100 conversion a few months back. I did the rear pulling throttle linkage too. It's a great conversion. Go for the manual choke though. The electric is a piece of crap.

Comment

I did this swap a while back as well.

Summit carries a really nice adapter, I like it better than the MR gasket one I dont remember the part # though.

My carb has enough ports for any and all emissions you would want to run. I kept the EGR, emis. canister, and vac advance. Runs like a charm.

Comment

Working...
            X