X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep Hard tops

Ok Everyone I need some help. I am picking up a used hard top tommorrow. This hard top is Newer than the one on my 84 CJ7. The one on the jeep now has the larger Metal hatch frame around the window, the newer one has Vents on the sides near the back. Larger windows on the sides, and an almost all glass Hatch. The only real metal part of the frame on the hatch is at the bottom. The help I need is, will this fit my Jeep with the original steel doors? Oh, and the price was right, Free, and I also got a complete coolant chip pan and all the guards for my CNC Bridgeport, also for free.
    Last edited by Raggs; 05-12-2006, 06:59 PM.

The new top you describe sounds like a TJ top.

Comment

Agreed, but it may just be a newer YJ top alos. Who cares! its Free! Take it, if it aint the right one, sell it and buy one for your YJ! If you dont want it, Ill take it!

Comment

Ok guy's I'll get it and if I can't fit it to my Jeep I'll let everyone know.

Comment

It will fit as long as its not a TJ top. You may have to get creative with the fit but it will fit.

Comment

OK Guys here is the scoop. I picked up the top. it fit better than the one I had on it. except for one little detail. The old top rear gate you opened the window first then opened the gate from the inside. The new top is set up the other way around. It's a beautiful thing, I will have the change the set up on the lower rear gate. I think I'm going to buy a few tool box locks drill a hole where the latches are now and mount the locks threw the gates. This will fix the little problem, and give me good security for the back of the Jeep. If anyone is interested in the old Hard top it's free come and get it.

Comment

I have the same setup. I just left it and open it from the inside. I am still thinking about the tool box thing too..

Comment

If your old lift gate is still good, then it will probbaly swap onto the new top. Then you wont have to worry about fiddling with your tailgate. Its worth taking a look at.

Comment

My old lift gate was rusted beyond repair. I believe your right though the frame is exactly the same shape. As for the way it opens and closes. I can't turn the locking tabs with the lift gate closed right now my spare tire swinging stand holds the lower gate closed I'll end up making something to lock it. Thanks for all the advice I love this forum, I get to share and ask questions with other people with the same love for there Jeeps. When I'm ready for the dirt roads I'd love to get together with some of you guys and make a day or weekend of off roading.

Comment

Working...
                  X