Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMC 20 Perches

hey everybody,

im working on my cj and ive got to move my spring perches on my amc 20 due to a 4 inch suspension lift. Who has done this and just how much do i have to turn them back to get the driveline angle that isnt going to eat U joints and pinion seals. Is it like a look at it and turnit and look at it kinda thing or does someone has a good approximation as to hpw far they have to be moved. Thanks yall!!

It's a measure angles thing. I put a CV shaft on my 77 CJ7 with a Dana 20 transfer case and a AMC 20 rear and I would say they turned it up about 8 degree's (4wd sells a 6 deg shim and their kits come with a 4 deg shim on 4" lift) from stock. Rewelding is the way to go....saves hunting down a longer spring bolt (the one in the center of the spring pack that lines up with the axle perch) But with a regular drive shaft, it'll change things from mine.
    You should really put some thought into what you're going to do....weak drive shafts on the road a 60 mph can catapolt you if they break. If you do something "a little risky" put a NASCAR strap on it to catch it if it falls, would take much to make one. Check out these links.

The last one's site is down right now....if it comes back its a good article.

I can post pics of mine if you think it will help you. Let me know.

Buddy of mine has a 6" lift and all angles he corrected with wedges.