X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering colum

I have a question. and looking for opinion's. I'm doing a frame off on a 79 cj5. I'm trying to figure out what steering colum,steering shaft to go with. I realy like the nascar style quick disconect. i priced it out at about 500 $ +or- with steering wheel upper and lower shaft. I would have to put the blinker's on a toggle on the dash. that doesn't bother me, just trying to figure out how. or do i go with flamming river, i saw somewhere that grant make's a quick disconect that works with flamming river looks kinda bulky though. but being a stock replacment shaft set up, it could be easy'er. like i said I'm doing a frame off so i can do whitch ever one i choose.ANYONE DID THIS YET. Thanks in advance, this forum is great so much knowlege about cj's. I think big daddy said it in a post today. without this forum my jeep would'nt be done. well my jeep's not even close to being done but i do have most of the parts.so i thank you in advance for your help putting it together.
    Last edited by 1tuffcj; 06-11-2006, 09:13 PM.

If you decide to go with the column without turn signals you can get a universal switch that mounts to the outside of the column.

Comment

Originally posted by RRAUTO
      If you decide to go with the column without turn signals you can get a universal switch that mounts to the outside of the column.
      brauto thanks for posting,where can i get one of those. is it a switch like a toggle or duz it have a blinker like arm that clamps to the column

Comment

You should be able to get one from NAPA. It is a small unit that mounts to the side of the column. It has a turn signal lever.

Go look at one before you commit to buying the column.

Comment

Working...
        X