X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tight nuts

I've been trying to get off the passenger side outer wheel bearing hex nut and that sob is tight i mean super tight it won't budge with a breaker bar and about a 4 foot cheater bar on it. Is it reverse thread? Any suggestions?

check this out, Hellboy...

look at the drawing posted by Jeep450 and see if it will help.

http://www.4wd.com/kyoung_4wdforums/...l+bearing+nuts

Comment

yeah...if you dont bend the tab back youll never get them off. also make sure that you dont have both nuts in the socket at the same time

Comment

Yeah I already have an exploded view the hub and everything and the tabs are bent back, I can get the socket on it and like i said a breakerbar and bigazz cheater bar and that somebeach won't even budge a pink taco hair.

Comment

Good Lord!

Originally posted by HELLBOY
          ...that somebeach won't even budge a pink taco hair.
          I have NEVER heard that before. What a great laugh on a Saturday morning. Man, I guess if you have some fire you might try that. I don't know where Fuzz is this morning. Shoot him a pm in case he misses this thread. The danged thing ought to break loose with a big cheater like that.

Comment

Im not sure if its a right OR left hand thread but if you have the other side off you can see if you can start the nut from the other side in the threads. If it starts its the same if it doesnt its the oppisite.
            PS Tacos have been known to cause the threads title

Comment

Working...
            X