X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Driveshaft?

Sorry for all of the new threads but this is my first jeep and i bought it in pieces.

I did a search with no luck so here goes (Caution this may sound stupid). If I lay my front driveshaft so that the axle side yoke is flat on the ground the T-Case side is at about a 45 degree in the air, it doesn't look right. Are they supposed to be this way or is it probably twisted "no signs of it on the shaft though". I'll try to get some pics up.

THe shaft was probably taken apart and put together out of phase. It's important that the two yokes are parrallel. Just pull it apart and see if you can align them back up again.

Comment

Thanks John, I figured that was more than likely the issue but i just wanted to double check.

Comment

I'll second John S. on this one - They should be phased. A lot of driveshafts these days have a "blind-spline" (AKA one fatter spline) to prevent them from going together incorrectly; however I just had my CJ7 front driveshaft apart recently, and noticed that there is no blind spline. Therefore, as you've witnessed, they can be put together incorrectly.

Comment

Working...
        X