X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hard warm start

Finished my Motorcraft conversion and spent last weekend fine tuning everything. Idles/runs great, starts cold no problem using the choke. If I shut the jeep down after it's warmed up, I try to re-start it and it takes 2-3 times to get'er going. When it does eventually start rpms are WAY low and it runs rough for a couple seconds then smooths out at 650rpm. I've made sure my fuel filter is right side up (it was slightly canted) and made sure that I had the return hose on the top-out line. Anybody have any ideas I could try ?

Sounds like it is flooding a little. My old Edelbrock was bad about that. It had something wrong in the carb. (I can rebuild an entire truck/jeep but carbs leave me scratching my head ) Instead of fixing I just would push the gas ped down a little while starting. That would open up the throat a little and let her breath...main thing is not to pump the gas down too much, just makes it worse.

Comment

yeah, carbs really piss me off. However a carb pissing me off unfortunately doesn't justify spending $2k on an injection setup Maybe one day..but for now I guess I have to live with it. I'll try playing with the throttle like you said and see what happens.

Comment

Sounds like mine did you get carb from ebay? If so he will contact u might take time to trach him . Mine still coughs on cold starts warm is hit or miss depending on how long sits . Try dropping float also u might need to bypass
        ign sys so timming is not controled by pcm under dash .Make sure durespark module is good was told by local carb guy these act like carb concerns . REplaced module on tuseday havent driven much just to work seams better havent had to hold to floor to start warm yet still might get new choke cap for cold start .

85 cj 7 4''lift 33bfgs 4wd glass body

Comment

Yeah, I got it from the guy off of ebay. I'm definately not having pcm problems sinced I ripped all that junk out. Computers are fine and dandy for my 01 XJ but they can stay the hell away from my CJ I was going to email the seller this weekend and see what input he has....I'll also try adjusting the float as you suggested. Thanks!

Comment

Here is somthing else to try just installed inline pressure reg drop pressure to 3.5 seems happy now good luck.

Comment

Sure enough, it was the float. I lowered the float level and now she runs like a champ. Soon as I start to turn over the ignition she starts hard and strong without a problem. Thanks guys! Now onto my oil issue...*sigh* I should've used a felpro 1 peice oil pan seal...this crappy cork gasket is letting oil seap all over the place...

Comment

Working...
              X