X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cj5 Fuel Gauge

I have a friend that owns a 75 cj5 v8 engine jeep. The fuel gauge has no wires connected to it .....I found the wire ..i think going to the top of the tank. The wire going to the tank is white and it connects to a red one going to the wiring harness. Can someone tell me what color wires go to the gauge in the dash? Does it have two wires or one? I have heard that when you replace the fuel gauge that you also have to replace the temp. The temp does not work either and has no wires connected to it. He does have a under dash temp gauge that works. Where would i find picture of the wires online?
    Thank You
    Jack

underneath

Whiteturbo,

Tell your bud to get a manual, a Haynes, Chilton's or Factory Service Manual. (It'll help with future troubles and I can't remember the colors.) Take a look underneath the dash. If the leads from the sending unit and temp sending unit haven't been altered they should have little ninety degree boots that press on to the rear of the gauges. Take a look at the following link courtesy of John Strenk and see if it will help as well:

http://users.adelphia.net/~john.stre...QuickFacts.htm

And welcome to the board, man.

p.s. If you do have to change the gauges, Whiteturbo, you were right about replacing them as a pair.
    Last edited by blackwater; 06-15-2006, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X