Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-5 solution

Hello gentleman,
    After much thought,research, junk yarding I decided the easy and least exspencive way to deal with my blown T-5 is to rebuild it.
    Removing the T-5 and seperating it from the transfer, 1.0 hour.
    The input shaft (10 spline, 21 teeth) $98.00. The cluster gear w/3rd gear, $119.00. The rebuild kit $120.00. Finding a local transmission guy (Steve @ Automated Transmission) to rebuild it while I sat next to him, learning, for exactly 2.5 hours, $250.00 .
    Reinstalling back into the jeep, 45 minutes.
    Back up and running in a total of three days after finally making the dicission:
    PRICLESS
    Thanks to everyone for their replys.
    JDHood
    P.S.The only differances between WC and NWC T-5 are tha type of bearing use ie: WC uses tapered main bearings VS roller bearings. WC uses needle bearings VS journals, and last but not least, WC uses fiber syncros VS brass syncros . When I said I researched I mean I researched!!!!!
    Last edited by JDHood; 06-18-2006, 01:47 PM.

Originally posted by JDHood
    P.S.The only differances between WC and NWC T-5 are
    And what fluids do both the WC and NWC take?

Comment

Originally posted by JDHood
      Hello gentleman,
      .... Finding a local transmission guy (Steve @ Automated Transmission) to rebuild it while I sat next to him, learning, for exactly 2.5 hours, $250.00 .
      What did he normaly charge? $60.00 per hour.? Just kidding. I't nice you could watch him work.

Comment

Working...
      X