X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fenders!!

I'm new to this Jeep stuff... I have a 1957 cj5 i'm fixing up and i'm looking into getting new fenders... I'm wondering if the "1972-86" fenders will fit mine?? Or how about the "69-71" fenders?? Also, sheet metal seems like the obvious choice to me, but does anyone out there prefer fiberglass?? I appreciate any input i can get!! thanks

Welcome aboard.
    I am pretty sure that the 72-> fenders will not fit, they changed the CJ quite a bot during the years. I am not sure about the 69s and up but think they still do not fit.

Comment

i've had both steel and fiberglass bodies. if you don't mind doing a little bodywork once in a while, steel fenders will take more abuse but you have to deal with rust. i currently have an all fiberglass cj5. it doesn't see as much off road time as my past jeeps, and so far i am pleased with it. i don't think i would want fiberglass if i spent more time offroad. fiberglass is not very forgiving with rocks and trees or any hard obstacles. the biggest difference i have noticed with the glass body is that the jeep isn't nearly as top heavy as my old steel bodied jeep. i guess it comes down to personal preference and what you plan to do with it when it's done. i'm sure you'll get a lot of different opinions on this, so give it some thought before you jump into this one.

Comment

Thanks!!

I appreciate the help and input!! thanks

Comment

Working...
        X