X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locker

I have a set of International Scout axles and I was thinking of putting a locker in the rear. What would everyone recommend and where would a good place be to get them? by the way the gearing is 4.09 and the axles are about the 1974 vintage.

What kinds of stuff are you gonna do with your Jeep?

Comment

trail riding

I plan on doing a little trail riding, a little road use. It will be a 3.5 lift. Not serious just for fun. A little mud, a little sand, a few rocks.

Comment

You can't beat a Detroit Locker for the rear unless you want a selectable. Here is one for sale over at JeepAholics Click here

Comment

Ox

I have Ox and couldn't be happier. Don't know for sure if they make it for your application. If you want something that you can put in and out of 'locked' position, I don't think you can go wrong with Ox. Good luck.

Comment

With the use you said you're planning on I think a lock-right would be perfect. I think they make one for a scout axle. I've had one in my jeep's rear for a year and a half now, with ZERO problems. I do mixed driving - rocks, sand, street, loose dirt trails, freeway. It's the budget-minded choice as well, most lock-rights run around $250, and are easily installed by the average backyard mechanic.

Comment

if you are going to do a lunch box do a Aussie. i had a lockright (very capable locker) in my d35 then when i did the 8.8 swap i got an Aussie and hands down it is a better locker, quieter, don't get as much tire skip when turning on pavement.
              but if you are doing a selectable locker i would suggest an OX. i am running one up front and am very pleased with it, easy to install and if set up properly (following simple directions that are provided) it will be a very worth while addition

Comment

The gearing on that set is not quite what I am looking for. Close though. Thanks for the link. Thanks for all the advice. I will be looking and making my choice soon. This will all help.

Comment

The rear is a 30 spline D44, plenty common (same as most any modern D44).

Get a Lock-Right, and toss it in.

~EDIT~ I just clicked the JA link, and something is fishy- D44s have a carrier break of 3.73/3.92. D60s break at 4.10/4.56
                  Last edited by LWB; 07-05-2006, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X