X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running a CJ without shocks

Ok, I somehow managed to rip the left rear lower shock mount apart. Don't ask how I did that, I don't know...
    Since I presently drive the CJ every day (we have great weather to run topless and with no doors) and I can't get hold of a new mount over here and have no working welder at hand I just took both rear shocks off
    I was thinking about leaving it that way, any objections? Experiences?
    It drives pretty good, the ride's almost softer than with the shocks...

the ride should always improve with shocks.....if it got better when u took them off they were probrably shot....or you only had one and it was causing problems.....

I remember when i put new shocks on my big blazer i could go right over a curb almost without knowing.....before it jarred and almost sent you out of yoru seat.......

Comment

Originally posted by Jodean
      the ride should always improve with shocks.....if it got better when u took them off they were probrably shot....or you only had one and it was causing problems.....

I remember when i put new shocks on my big blazer i could go right over a curb almost without knowing.....before it jarred and almost sent you out of yoru seat.......

Going over bump always sents me out of my seat wasn't any better with shocks... but I have heavy duty springs in my CJ, they are stiff and don't provide much flex.
      Don't think the shock are shot, they only have some 1000 miles on it, they are softride shocks, I bought them half a year ago...

Comment

Working...
      X