X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Noise

Last night i heard what sounds like sand paper scrubbing in my left tire area. At least i think it's in that area (will do more checkin tonight). What do you guys think, maybe a break sticking and scrubbing or U Joint? Happens when going down the road, sounds like some type of scrubbing, not to loud but would like to get it fixed before it becomes a problem. Any thing to try. Please give as much detail as possible. Thanks

sounds like brakes or perhaphs a bearing getting tired ... jack it up, spin the wheel and hit the break ... if it changes, probably the brakes .... if it doesn't probably the bearing .... or a million other things ... but that might be a good place to start

Comment

Hmmm..

Well check for like rocks and sand... I had a rock jammed in my brakes and it made a sound like that.... Just me $.02

Comment

Mine did that once and it was a rock stuck between the dust shield amnd the rotor.

Comment

Noises

I agree w/the other posts, sandpaper sound is usually brakes, or like they said a rock or mud in there. The front caliper needs to slide a bit on its bracket, so both pads seperate from the rotor. If thats not working, when you step on the brakes only one pad fully seperates, leaving the other pad rubbing on the rotor. I'd check it out quick if its your DD. Goin' to long will damage the rotor and start adding up the

Comment

Pulled the tire off friday night and adjusted the breaks. There were not any rocks in it, so it seems to be fixed. Thanks for all the help!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X