X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get 16.5 Jeep Wheels??

My brother-n-law gave me two sets of almost new bfg's. 1 set mt's one set at's. They are 35x12.5x16.5. I KNOW I DON'T NEED 35" TIRES ON MY JEEP, but I WANT them. Do ya'll know anywhere I can buy a rim that will fit my cj's and these tires? Thanks in advance.

googled that size, found this:

1879-6957 16.5x9.75 Polished 5 on 5.5

american eagle wheels, "eagle alloys" series 187 - classic 8 hole aluminum rim. here's a link:
    http://www.aewheel.com/eagle_alloy_wheels.cfm?id=273

i'm sure there are more companies that make them. check e-bay, i got a steal of a deal on my wheels.

Comment

Thanks, I Googled it as well...got the eagle site, but the only 5 on 5.5 I saw were the 16.5x8.25...missed that page i guess...thanks again!

Comment

u tried summitracing the soft 8 cheap black wheels?? or they also have chrome

Comment

Yea, what Jodean said. They even make whatever BS you need for the width on the steels. And fast

Comment

Originally posted by Jodean
            u tried summitracing the soft 8 cheap black wheels?? or they also have chrome
            I like those but they don't come in 16.5...at least the 175 sets i saw online were only 15, 16, 17

Comment

I'd call them up. The people I ordered through were very knowledgable and helpful.

Comment

wow, my mistake.......tirepackage does have the soft 8 but about $75 each.....that really sucks.....

or summit has some chrome wheels for that price.....

might wanna think about ebaying those.....people go crazy on ebay on large tires.....ive seen worn out boggers go for $250......

Comment

Can't ebay them...would pretty much need to give them back if I can't use them. I have looked everywhere and can't find the wheels I want. The 16.5 eagles have about a 5" back space and i think i would get a bad spring rub. Sure liked the idea of free tires, but oh well...

Comment

National Tire and Wheel in Wheeling WV, there adds are in every 4x4 rag out there.

Comment

Originally posted by hntndawg
                      Can't ebay them...would pretty much need to give them back if I can't use them. I have looked everywhere and can't find the wheels I want. The 16.5 eagles have about a 5" back space and i think i would get a bad spring rub. Sure liked the idea of free tires, but oh well...
                      why do u think they would rub?? I had 35 12.50's on my 7 when i got it on 8 inch wide rims and had plenty of room........my 38 15.50's are mounted on the 15x10 soft 8 with 4" backspacing and still plenty of room.....

Whats makes u think that 4" backspace wont work?? U wont be able to turn on a dime anymore but thats what happens with large tires......

Comment

Because my 30x9.5 on stock rims are only about 1" from the springs when turned. Do you think they would work? Just hat to shell out that kinnda $$$ and have bad trouble. I know all big tire like that might rub a bit, just want to still be able to turn around in my driveway.

Comment

yes.....the stock rims will put the tire way too close to the spring......are u narrow axle??

Either way it should work with a 4" BS.....I have 33x12.50's on my cj5 on 15x8 wheels (not sure of bs) but thats almost like stock rims.....plenty of room...yet again i cant turn really tight.....u have to adjust your steering bump stops for that.....u would adjust your stops so that the new tires come to 1" or 1/2" from spring when fully turn....yes u will loose your tight turn radius.....but it will work....

You know what BS is right?? from inside of wheel to the bolt surface??

if anything you want 3" BS and try to get the wider rim so it will push the tire out farther....if using your 35x 12.50 u want a 16.5 x10 or i think 16.5 is like 9 3/4 or something......
                          Last edited by Jodean; 07-19-2006, 03:46 PM.

Comment

If your going to wheel you Jeep and run 16.5in tires, i would ONLY run them with beadlocks!

16.5in rims don't have a normal bead, and when you air them down on the trails, you will knock the tires off the rims VERY easly! Ask avainaffairs what happens when you run 16.5's on normal rims.

If your set on running the 16.5s, I'd get hummer style double bead locks(either recennered, or custom made) from USA 6x6 or StazWorks. If you wheel your Jeep, and dont want to spend the money on beadlocks, i'd ditch the 16.5s.

Comment

I think I am going to ditch the 16.5's....this is just too much trouble...thanks for all the help guys!!

Comment

Working...
                              X