X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• six speed transmission

Has anyone heard of the duability of the new 6 speed manual transmission used by jeep and does this require any sort of computer to use? I am trying to make a decision on which transmission and I am looking for at least a 5 speed manual and I just saw some six speed info. Also what transfer cases will they bolt up to with and without adapters?

my concern would be the length of the tranny. i think there's an NV 5500 but it's so long it creates drive line challenges. the NV4500 is a great choice. it's a 5 speed overdrive for good highway milage and it's also available with low range 1st gears.

Comment

I think he is refering to the 6 speed in the Rubicons and Libertys, the NSG 370 I want one too!

Comment

the new NSG 370 doesnt feel like i'm driving a jeep. i was use to my yj driving like a truck - the long shifts and what not, the new 6spd is way different.

the low first gear is great, especially with 4.10's and it held up well when i trailered a bunch of crap 800miles. with only 28,000 miles, it is hard to tell if it is as good as the ax15

Comment

Does anyone have any experience with these after having put high miles on them?

Comment

Working...
          X