X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mc2100 problem

I have a pretty serious (I think so anyway) problem. Looking at the carb from the front of the jeep, toward the bottom on the left side (toward passenger side) there is an outlet. I dont have it pluged or a hose on it going to anything else. The problem is, sometimes the carb starts flooding and gas runs out of that outlet. I dont want to burn my jeep up. It runs out directly onto the exhaust manifold. Should i plug it or is it susposed to go to something. Thanks.

It sounds like your talking about the vacuum line on the side of the carb. If you are not using it and it is not blocked it should have vacuum on it. You should cap the vacuum port if it is not being used. Your flooding sounds like you have a float problem, maybe sticking, if you have any expierence rebuilding carbs this is the easiest one to rebuild.

Comment

i just rebuilt mine not too long ago. Aside from cleaning it up, it took me only one hour to do the rebuild, have it back together and on the jeep. It was also the first carb i have rebuilt that is not a one barrel. definately helped.

Comment

Working...
      X