X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need CJ measurements BAD!

I snaped the bellhousing where my clutch slave cylinder mounts, so Im saying the hell with the hydraulic and Im moving back to the good 'ol mechanical linkage... But I have since done a YJ tub swap and no longer have the hole in the firewall for the push rod. I need someone to measure the distance from the bottom/top of the tub to the center of that hole, and also from the fender to the center of the hole so that I can properly locate it. Thanks for the help!

I might be wrong, but doesn't the bellcrank bracket mount in same holes as slave cylinder? If you still need them I'll get some measurements for you.

Comment

if you put the bellhousing pivot in then you can just "guess" where the other bracket will go. i'd measure for you but mines a glass tub. but when i put mine in i just guessed because with glass it wouldn't match up anyways.

remember, it's a clutch bracket not a satallite so it doesn't have to be exact.

Comment

I fabricated a 1/4" steel bracket to mount the bell crank arm to the bell housing... I just wanted to get rid of the hydraulic, it was causing too many problems. I didnt need the measurments for the bracket, I need the ones for the hole in the firewall for the push rod to come through from the pedal assembly... but I figured it out last night. the hole is a little obscure and large, but it will work... thanks guys

Comment

And oval I bet.

There is a cover for the rod but it usually disintigrates in a couple of months.

Comment

Working...
          X