X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help! 360 engine swap.

I am trying to put an amc 360 in a tf727. The flex plate hits the converter before the engine is completely tightend to the tranny. I am sure the converter is in all the way ( it is inside the tranny case 1 inch). Is there supposed to be a thin plate between the motor and transmission? I know there is a plate on a six cyliner. If so, do you know where I can get one, and what are they called?

thanks,
    mike

Yes there is suppost to be a thin plate between the tranny and the motor, it goes behind the flexplate, When the converter is in all the way you will not be alble to put you fingers behind it, when they are bolted together (motor and tranny) there should be small gap between the flexplate and the converter, I don't belive the converter is in all of the way and just a warning if it is not and you bolt it up anyway it will break the front pump of the tranny, then the jeep may not move and, may spread metal into the tranny when you start it up.
    That plate if going to be a junkyard item, I think the 6 cylinder plate is the same though.

Comment

4WD Hardware sells them for $22.99 plus shipping. Part # is 3213743 and is in stock. May be better than yard run for $23

Comment

I have one 20.00 + shipping

Comment

ditto above, first the flex plate then the thin piece,on the bottom there will be an opening thats where you axes to bolt the flex plate to tourq converter. make sure the converter rotates all the way around before bolting together. i'm changing 401 to t-150 to 401 to 727 t/f. waiting for tranny mount from advanced adapters, you keep your orignal skid plate.

Comment

Working...
          X