X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSC Full Cage Frame Tie-In

I just purchased the Full Cage Kit from Poison Spyder for my '85 CJ7 and was wondering if anyone has this cage and has used the Kentrol six-point frame tie-i n kit from 4WD to tie it into the frame? It should work, right? Or at least come close enough that a welder/grinder/etc. will make it work.

I would think it would work also. I was looking at them cages also, but decided to build my own. First I need to build my tube bender.

Comment

Been thinking about the SPyder Customs cage, does the quality live up to your expectations?

Comment

Originally posted by RRAUTO
        Been thinking about the SPyder Customs cage, does the quality live up to your expectations?
        I don't know about the cage yet. Although, with the cage, you have to do all the welding. Hopefully, the quality of the bends and notches will be good. I expect they will. They have had alot of rigs featured in the magazines.

I recently installed a set of their Helldorado Sliders which I think have been renamed to Ricochet Rockers. I ordered as soon as they were available and it still took three months to get. They fit and look great! And there's nothing weeny about them either. They weigh around 45 pounds apiece.

Comment

Sounds like their products are the quality I was hoping they where. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Post some pics of said cage when it's in I been thinkin bout buyin one. I'd like to see what the finished product looks like in a seven, seems all the pics I been able to find are yj tj.

Comment

If you go to their website www.spydercustoms.com and look in the Full Cage section, there is a couple of pics of the CJ7 cage. I was going to post one of the pics, but it looks like I am not allowed to yet.

Comment

I have the four point tie in and it is just the parts need to weld in. I think I can safely assume that the 6 point tie in is like it.
                I think Fuzz put one in his.

Comment

I am refering to the "Trail Cage" Not the "Full Cage" there are no pics of the trail cage mounted in a cj. I would really like to see them make a hybrid kit to use the 95 YJ bar with the trail cage kit in a CJ-7 I like the way the 95yj cage is designed to give you lotsa clearence on the rear wheel wells. If the full cage was designed that way over the wheel wells I'd buy one, but it's not.

Trail cage in a TJ, the YJ would look the same in the rear section
                  https://www.spydercustoms.com/tjpart...c04134_med.jpg

The CJ FULL Cage.
                  https://www.spydercustoms.com/tjpart...it/9422_lg.jpg
                  Last edited by highlandercj-7; 08-18-2006, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X