X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaf Spring Preference?

Hi. I'm a college kid fixing up an 84 CJ-7, and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to which leaf springs to use. I'm currently looking at the Skyjacker 2" Suspension Lift, the 4Wheel Drive 2.5" Lift Kit, the Rancho Replacement Spring kit, and the Superlift Superride 1" Lift Kit. I'm planning on this being an everyday vehicle, and don't plan on doing any offroading (blasphemy, I know). If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be really glad to hear them. Thanks!

I was happy with the Skyjacker 2 1/2" Softride suspension I had on my old '78 CJ 5. Ride was better than stock.

Comment

leaf springs

i just finished installing Pro Comp 2.5" lift kit with springs and shocks on my 83 CJ yesterday, if the ride gets any better with time, i don't know if i can stand it. the factory springs where wore out, and it bounced around alot. also added 1" lift shackles.

Comment

I just put the black diamond 3" lift on my '80 cj7 w/'84 widetrac axles. So far I'm happy with it, A little stiff but already softening up with about 200 miles on it. All on road so far, waiting for the new paint to cure so I can wax it, to avoid the "Minnesota Pinstriping" But as for onroad, we have enough potholes and road construction here that I've been on smoother trails!!

Comment

By the way, as for not doin any offroadin'....just wait, the bug will get ya sooner or later! As they say, try it, you'll love it!!

Comment

never say never...

Originally posted by Hill, Bill E
            By the way, as for not doin any offroadin'....just wait, the bug will get ya sooner or later! As they say, try it, you'll love it!!
            Heck, try not to say 'maybe not' with a Jeep. I was thinking a bit along Bill's lines as well. I've heard that Superlift kit gives a really good ride but if you think you 'might' go offroad then think about your worst addiction...the Jeep bug will kick it in the arse. I have a string of really serious addictions so I oughta know. The 2.5" lift shouldn't give you any after effect troubles and you can easily fit 31s under her and she'll look good like that. Just two for thought.

Comment

I ran the 2.5" pro comps for bout 8 years and loved them they rode great and flexed well. I have since out a 4" BDS on an i love them too, they ride good and flex decent especially for 4" springs. 4WD's lifts used to be BDS. If you can get a set of them I'd go with them. Though I hear they are switching to Pro Comp, since they are a sister company now. So either way your gonna get a decent lift. I just like the military wrap of the BDS kit.

Comment

Seriously I would go with the 2.5 4WD lift. I have the 4" on mine and my CJ rides about as good as my 03' Blazer.

Comment

Working...
                X