X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel studs

I have a 79 cj7 with 83 scrambler axles, sbc, 400 auto, anyway I just bought a set of weld scorpion V aluminum rims. The problem is there's barely enough stud sticking through these thick rims to get a lug nut on. Does anyone sell studs that are 1/2" longer, or will some other application fit?

Here I go again...

First, welcome to the board, Lazylineman... Second, I KNOW you aren't going to like hearing this but if you search...ah, the dreaded search word...and I only use it because my noodle's 'memory thingy' ain't workin' worth a toot these days...but if you search Raggman's posts I believe we were all once talking about longer studs and that there are a few links in that thread that will answer your question if nobody pops up with a quicky answer. (Or, you might just plug in 'stud'.) A pic of FUBAR will probably pop up when you do that but pay it no mind.

Oh, 'here I go again' was in reference to trying to use my failing memory...sorry.

Comment

napa, autozone, advanced auto, etc.....

Comment

Like fubar said, you can get longer studs at any autoparts store. Not sure what you need? Just knock one out and take it in, they'll fix ya up!

Oh yeah, the search thingy is great!!! I haven't had to ask a question yet... they are all in here!

Comment

Thanks for the help. I want to advanced auto and autozone and just got some out of their bins, then had to grind them down a little to make them work.

Comment

if not at the places said try ARP

Comment

Working...
            X