X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeep transfer case or gm

I have a 1984 cj7 258v6 5spd. I want a automatic transmission. I think I want 350sb with 3spd trans. How much trouble to bolt to transfer case.

to the forum! Check with our site Host, They have what you need to convert a GM tranny to your Dana 300 tc. They also sell rebuilt trannys with the adapter already installed, in case you don't have one already. If you have a T-5 in there now, let me know if you want to sell it after your swap. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by pstowers
      I have a 1984 cj7 258v6 5spd. I want a automatic transmission. I think I want 350sb with 3spd trans. How much trouble to bolt to transfer case.
      Wow I thought the 258 were I6. News to me. When did they turn it to a v?

Comment

They never have, at least the AMC and Jeep 258

Comment

We do carry all the stuff for the SB Chevy/TH350 conversions. In fact that is the combo I'm running in my Scrambler. The adapter kit from Advanced Adapters is designed as a direct replacement for the I6 and T-5 trans. and will not require driveshaft or skidplate changes. But you will need to use the weld in motor mounts. The A/A adpters are available for use as direct bolt-on for the TH350 from 4WD truck/Blazer or anothe A/A kit requires an output shaft change for 2WD model TH350's trannys. These kits are for the stock 1980-86 CJ's with the Dana 300

Comment

Hey Woody, do you guys have anything for doing a 4.0L HO to a CJ-7?
            I was thinking of also going with a NV 3550. Mating it to my Dana 300.

Comment

Working...
            X