X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Important Is The Air Injection?

I have a 80 cj-7 amc 304 with the air injection smog system. I'm wanting to remove it so it's not always in the way. I just passed emissions and am quite sure it's not working. one of the legs to the manifold on the left side is missing, the vacuume actuater does not hold vacuume, and the legs going to the manifold on the other side look to have been arc welded into place....?? anyone out there taken theres off?
    Last edited by blw_80cj7; 08-27-2006, 07:11 PM.

I haven't had it on my Jeep for years.
    Of course I am in a county where they don't do emissions test. But I have been told that when a vehicle is 25 years old emissions are not checked. I have passed inspection for the last several years without any smog stuff.

Comment

Well I Guess I'll See Here In 2 Years If Thats The Case I'm Taking It Off Tonight, But Will Keep All The Stuff Just In Case.

Comment

Originally posted by blw_80cj7
        I have a 80 cj-7 amc 304 with the air injection smog system. I'm wanting to remove it so it's not always in the way. I just passed emissions and am quite sure it's not working. one of the legs to the manifold on the left side is missing, the vacuume actuater does not hold vacuume, and the legs going to the manifold on the other side look to have been arc welded into place....?? anyone out there taken theres off?
        You'll need some short, fine-threaded bolts to plug the exhaust manifold holes where the tubes bolt on. And be careful taking the old bolts out. They're hollow and like to break off in the manifold.

Comment

If its welded on then that one that will be a toughy. Maybe grind bolt off at weld and then use easy out. When working with cast steel it can be touch and go.

Comment

Working...
          X