X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a 5 speed

I am looking for a 5 speed to go in my 81 CJ7 with a 258. It looks like the T-5 is the best choice for me because of easy swap from the t-176. I know that the T-5 is a weak trans but I don't do much off roading with this rig. Does anyone have one that they will part with for a reasonable price?

Try PMing Climbtothebeet ... he had one about 6 months ago for sale .... I was going to buy but never got around to it. He may still have it!

Comment

Want To Get Rid Of Your T-176?

Comment

if I can get a t-5 then yes

Comment

If your in New York I'll swap you even. T-5 for your T-176

Comment

What about a World class T5???

Do an internet search.

High5

Comment

wc-t5 with a jeep input shaft is going to be a rare find. there used to be a company that made them but they quit. if one's out there again i'd like to know. i've called several tranny shops and all have told me my nwc cannot be rebuilt as a wc.

Comment

Good to know even though I will never fit one in my CJ5.

Thanks Fubar

High5

Comment

Originally posted by MotorHead
                  If your in New York I'll swap you even. T-5 for your T-176
                  sorry i'm in Georgia

Comment

I have a T5 that came out of a 1983 CJ7, Make an offer.

Comment

Ive got a brand new, profesionally built, T5 World Class for sale, heres the link to it.

http://www.4wd.com/kyoung_4wdforums/...ad.php?t=12551

Comment

lillie05 I am looking at getting one from climbtothebeat but where are you located at, does it come with the bellhousing and shifter,and what kind of shape is it in

UPJ Wheeler thanks but I don't want anything new or like new
                        Last edited by scubawinger; 08-30-2006, 10:07 PM.

Comment

I live in Pa, near Pittsburgh, The tranny is in good shape and is complete bellhousing and shifter.

Comment

Originally posted by FUBAR
                            wc-t5 with a jeep input shaft is going to be a rare find. there used to be a company that made them but they quit. if one's out there again i'd like to know. i've called several tranny shops and all have told me my nwc cannot be rebuilt as a wc.
                            The trick is to take your NWC and mate its rear housing to a WC mustang tranny. The only thing you really need to watch out for is the first gear ratio as the jeep version has about a 4:1 first and the mustangs had 3:1 and 2:1 first gears. The 4:1 WC first gear is available, it is just not listed as "world class" but rather ""needle bearing style"

The rear output is a trick too, but I have not completed my research yet.

Comment

Working...
                            X