X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another question

me and my dad made 3" lift shackles and a 2 and a half body lift on it and i have the lift shackles on right now and the drive line wont connect. i dont know if its the way i put the springs in or what but im kinda lost any help will be appreciated thanx

If you could post some close-up pics of it, it'd sure help us see what's going on.

Comment

Wouldn't 3 inch lift shackles have to be 6 inches longer than stock??? That's not a good idea if that is the case.

High5

Comment

A pic would help but it sounds like you have lifted yourself into a custom drive shaft

Comment

no

Originally posted by High5
          Wouldn't 3 inch lift shackles have to be 6 inches longer than stock??? That's not a good idea if that is the case.

High5
          the shackles lift it 3 inches and the stock shackles are 3 so it wouldnt be six inches taller it would only be 3 inches taller

Comment

if they are only 3" longer then that doesn't translate to 3" lift.
            What do you think you did to the springs?

Comment

You only get about half the amount of lift compared to the length added to the shackle. So if your shackle is 6 inches long and stock is 3, you are only getting about 1.5 inches of lift. Taller shackles lead to screwed up steering and that is no fun.

A body lift will not affect driveline length due to it being connected to the body, not the suspension.

I agree with others, you probably need a longer driveshaft.

High5

Comment

Will the driveshafts not extend, if everyones right an inch and a half amounts to almost no difference in the driveshaft.

Comment

RRAUTO brings up a good point, while doing my frame off, my boys were playing w/the rear shaft, they compressed it and I had a he!! of a time to get it to extend again. When I did, it only wanted to go to where it had been riding for years, a little short of what I needed for a 3" lift. You might have to loosen the collar on the slide shaft and pull the 2 pieces apart, clean them up and try again. I good Idea anyway to see if the shaft will be long enough for the new shackles. Just my 2 pennies. Good luck.
                  If you do this, don't forget to grease it back up!!

Comment

Working...
                  X