Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dash wiring

well...
    im about to tackle the cobweb of wires under my dash that have more shorts than i can handle. does anybody know of an easy to read diagram\scematic of the stock wiring to help me out a little?

The Haynes manual for CJ's is pretty good, shows what goes where and what color the wire is,(and if the wire has a tracer on it). They cover a lot of years, so make sure your on the right page. You can get 'em at most part stores or Barnes and Noble, for about $20. It's a good book to have anyway, lots of help if you do any work on your rig.

Comment

Try It

Hey Man Go With A Pain Less Wireing They Are About 200 Bucks My Buddy Used It And Siad It Was Easy It Comes With Every Thing That You Will Need Let Me Know How It Goes

Comment

I ended up pulling the entire dash/fuse block, and all interior wiring. spent three weeks rewiring it.
        beware of rotting fuseblock......
        and factory duct tape connections, no joke.

Comment

The Haynes manuals have good diagrams as Bill Hill said, but they are SO small. Once, when I had some major re-wiring to do, I took the diagram to a copier, blew it up onto several sheets of paper, and trimmed and taped them together to make a big, much easier to follow diagram. Then used fine-point colored markers to trace out different wires to help keep them straight. Helped me a whole lot. And probably saved my eyes.

Comment

This should do the trick

Comment

Originally posted by Penguin
              That ooks like an 81-82 Schematic. Wich is perfect fot the dash but don't try to do the engine, you'll get lost. However, if your getting rid of the computer in the 85 then this schematic will be great.

Comment

well. the engine is a new world since its got a sbc 350 in it
                thanks for the help, ill try nad blow up my chiltons, or haynes, i cant remember what it is.

Comment

I have a few pictures of the wiring on my 84 CJ dash from when I did the body if you want them. I labeled everything and took as many pics as I could before dis-***-embly . It even went back together.

Let me know.

D

Comment

Working...
                  X