X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on board air

hey all, i am wanting to comfirm that all the york compressors are the same size externally. i got a 6cid york for free in awesome shape and want to go ahead and use it for now until i have time to find a 10cid york. i am also fabbing bracket myself and only want to do it once, so this is why i ask. i want to make sure that when i do upgrade to the larger york it is all just bolt in. thanks a head of time.
    clay

Yup, to my knowledge they are all the same

Comment

I happen to have brackets for a 258 to mount a york. They came off an AMC Eagle. Let me know if your interested. thomud@hotmail.com

Comment

that wont help...read my sig...lol. i dont have a 258 i have a chevy.
        thanks anyways.
        clay

Comment

I bought a 10# CO2 bottle from www.beveragefactory.com, a regulator from www.williamsballoons.com in santa maria,ca mention you're in a jeep club for a disc ph 800-235-4112; a kidde tank holder from graingers part no. 5t908,auto parts store for a 25 ft coiled nylon air line and fittings to air up tires,run power tools or pressure your keg of suds.filled it for $9.53.The beverage factory also carries nitrogen bottles.
          Last edited by scr83jp; 09-13-2006, 08:08 PM.

Comment

ok...and this relates how? i do not want co2, i can install a compressor for undre 100 bucks, and have and endless supply of air to run tools and fill tires without having to refill a tank at almost 10 bucks a pop.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJeepMan4804
              ok...and this relates how? i do not want co2, i can install a compressor for undre 100 bucks, and have and endless supply of air to run tools and fill tires without having to refill a tank at almost 10 bucks a pop.
              Just another way to go in case you can't locate what you need.A friend took a japanese car ac compressor jury rigged into his pulley system,plumbed it with a oil/air separator into his 1942 jeep bumper and roll bars which are his air tanks uses it to blow the air horn from a 1940's mack truck ,moves stupids out of his way, installed between the front frame rails behind his bumper to air tires and operate their air wrenches cause they're hard core 4x4 runners having to repair and rebuild on trips or weld detroit lockers they break.

Comment

Yeh, I didn't see your runnign a sbc. In that case have you looked at Kilby's brackets? I know a lot of people that run them, and one guy may even have an extra bracket. I run a york on my jeep and love it. Works great!

Comment

What kind of hose do yins run between the york and the splitter manifold? I used regular 300 psi compressor hose (my system maxes out at 125 psi), and because of the heat from the york, and the engine compartment, I ended up blowing a hole in the hose after about 10 minutes of use. 300 psi rating doesnt count at high temps I guess. I looked into a piece of steel braided hose, but I was quoted about $65 for a 2ft. piece. Theres gota be a better solution....?

Comment

I haven't had any issues with the standard 300 psi hose.

Comment

Working...
                    X