X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.0 Heads

I read somewhere about a company that was selling the 4.0 head dor the 258 that was ready to bolt on. I hace not been able to find the wep site and I would like to contact this company. I think they were in Florida , but not sure. If anyone has this web site or phone # please let me know. Also for all who has done this. Was it worth it? 30 HP really?

Look on Ebay, they always have an ad. I think it was Still Water or Clear Water or something along those lines.

High5

Comment

yup i think it is clearwater, or clearwawa....as the locals call it

Comment

Originally posted by cryoman
        I read somewhere about a company that was selling the 4.0 head dor the 258 that was ready to bolt on. I hace not been able to find the wep site and I would like to contact this company. I think they were in Florida , but not sure. If anyone has this web site or phone # please let me know. Also for all who has done this. Was it worth it? 30 HP really?
        I just did a google search finding the florida company but no jeep listed.

Comment

Jack Clifford (clifforperformance.net) has a head but the only draw back is you have to change the the intake and exhaust to match the 4.0 head you can't use them from a 4.2 Good luck

Comment

As far as I have read, you can use the intake, just not the exhaust because the ports are lower on the head. Plus, the Clifford set up is 1000 bucks. The one off Ebay is 400. Either way, a spendy project once you purchase the valve cover and exhaust manifold and redo the exhaust.

High5

Comment

I have 500 bucks in this head and not there is no epoxy and it came with the valve cover. I do need to change springs in it since the cam won't be stock.
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...f/DSCN1257.jpg
              I bought the manifold to fit the 4.0 head and will run my MC 2150.
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...f/DSCN1806.jpg
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...f/DSCN1805.jpg

Comment

what are you gona do about the EGR tube that goes between the intake and exhaust? there is no way to connect it to the 4.0 exhaust manifold....

Comment

My new intake doesn't have one and mine hasn't been hooked up in years.

Comment

4.0 Head

Try Ebay Item 180031831881, I've been thinking about trying one of these.

Comment

So GPER, your saying that the tube that connects the intake manifold with the exhasut manifold tube hasnt been connected in a while? so how do you pass inspection, assuming that you have one where you are?

Comment

I have the old cast iron intake and exhaust so it is built in there has been no vacuum hose on it in years. With the MC 2150, TFI, and a bottle of rubbing alcohol I passed every two years. I don't have to do it anymore so it is all good now.

Comment

Working...
                        X