Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single or Double outlet headers for 258?

Anyone have experience with a 258 with single outlet headers and dual outlet headers? Just wondering which would be the better choice. Also, is it worth it to pay extra for coated headers? Thanks.

The single outlet is easier and cheaper for exhaust work but I think the double will give better performance and sound. I actually used the Hedman dual out and made a small y-pipe and had 2-1/2" run out the back and it sounded bad man!! I think the HTC is worth the $$ Besides I hate painting black ones every couple years like they req.
    CAUTION: do NOT breakin new engines with HTC headers from any company
    the break in is much hotter especially on fresh bore job and will burn off at 1st bend off head.

Comment

I have the 258 dual outlet set up. It sounds pretty sweet. It is now a little noisey for my taste, but it does mask the noisey engine. It sounds like a stock car now with basically straight pipes, but with some flowmasters or the like it would sound great. Still working on that.

High5

Comment

I have the dual output headers from Clifford no cats am turbo mufflers sounds mean and no restriction. but I am doing a frame up restoration now so I just have a pile of jeep parts at the moment.

Comment

I have ran both on my 258 and I liked the single the best. It was easier to work on than it was with the double outlet.

Comment

I had a single on my 258 made by Borla installation was done by a local garage.

Comment

Working...
            X