X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no brakes cuz of axel swap

hey i went from a amc20 rea and d30 front to gmcd44 wide axles front and rear. i have no e-brake now and am have a hard time stopping. i heard of the j master cylinder swap. any suggestions ??????????????

Could you try to retrofit the e-brakes from the gmc that you got the axles from? Maybe you can use stock brake booster and mastercylinder from gmc? do you have any pics? how wide are the ful width axles from wheel mounting point to wheel mounting point? Also what does the axles measure from center of spring perch to center of spring perch. I was concidering thiss swap also but I am going with a scout set of 44s. I know not as wide and SOA not an option with this choice. I figure I woill give them a shot and if I don't like it well Ican always go bigger isn't that the fun of being a Jeepster. Give us some specs on your rig.

Comment

are they disks?? drums?? are they bled correctly?? running 33's or smaller tires shouldnt cause a problem stopping.....

Comment

yes they are bled... i am turning 35x12.50-15 the jeep will stop but not aswell as it did when i had 33... i heard of doing a mastercylinder sawp with a yj... what do you think?

Comment

I put scout 44's in mine with the large disc and drums, had the same problem,

i ended up using a master from a 70's corvette with power brakes. no modifications needed other than swaping the lines where they go into the master. I can now lock up the 35's with minimal effort.

Comment

a corvette

how much did it cost you from start to finish? what parts did you need?.. see that is what i want to lock up 35.. what do you think about the yj swap?

Comment

Working...
            X