X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Fuel Sending Unit... JUNK!!! AHHHHHH

I finally got around to replacing my sending unit in my 20 gal tank. Ordered it from the 4x4 Dude or Mengers International off ebay. He didn't send for a week and was horible at returning emails. The lock ring he sent didn't work, but I was able to use the old one so no big deal. THEN 6 DAYS LATER THE SENDING UNIT WENT OUT!!! AAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!! It shows empty on full, 1/4 on 3/4 and at 1/2 it starts working (so it seems) I don't know if ya'll care just wanted to b*t*h about this to someone.

you're not the only one, do a search on sending units, you will find a lot of gripes out there!
    btw, how did the carrier work out?

Comment

I had a cheap replacement one fail as well. I dont remember where I got the last one, but its was better made all around! Try the Stealership or maybe ebay will sell the factory original sending unit.

Comment

Originally posted by hntndawg
        I finally got around to replacing my sending unit in my 20 gal tank. Ordered it from the 4x4 Dude or Mengers International off ebay. He didn't send for a week and was horible at returning emails. The lock ring he sent didn't work, but I was able to use the old one so no big deal. THEN 6 DAYS LATER THE SENDING UNIT WENT OUT!!! AAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!! It shows empty on full, 1/4 on 3/4 and at 1/2 it starts working (so it seems) I don't know if ya'll care just wanted to b*t*h about this to someone.
        Burnt up. If your gauge on the dash is not grounded it will send unregulated current thrught the sending unit burning up the windings at one end. Done it myself on a new sending unit. Works ike your does right now, Once it gets into a good section of the windings it woks OK.

It only took 2 seconds to ruin mine so it could of happened at any time the tank was full or near full to wipe it out. Even a momentary loss of ground can cause it to happen.

Comment

that's why I use a grease pencile to write the miles on my odometer on my dash and carry 10 gal of gas on the back. I gave up on the guage years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Hill, Bill E
            btw, how did the carrier work out?
            Perfect!...was in great shape. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X