X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a tool

Could somebody please tell me where I can buy a hub nut socket to remove the front hub nuts so I can change my front rotors? Nobody anywhere seems to be able to produce one, I've asked a bunch of mechanic friends, part stores, even the dealer. I found a replacement nut that measures 2 1/16", but no one has a socket that size. This is for an 85 CJ7.
    I know you guys have been down this road!

i did mine with a hammer and screwdriver...loosened it up and it came right off

-goat

Comment

I have a hub nut socket that I bought at 4wheel Drive Hardware that measures 2 1/16. It fits my 79 CJ5.

call them at 1 800 333 5535 part # A692N $9.95

Comment

Also Quadratec has them part # 98001.00 $ 8.95

1 800 745 5337

Comment

As I recall 4wd DOES MATCH PRICES.

Comment

Need a tool part 2

What tool or socket do you use to open differential covers(85 CJ7)to check the fluid..I can't find a square anything in my toolbox or anywhere..and how about a 300 transfer case..the square peg? Tool for that one other than pliers?

Comment

It is just a 1/2" drive socket without anything on it!

Comment

i think he means extension....

-Goat

Comment

I thought they were usually 3/8 drive...?

thanks for all the help guys. I was hoping to find something local but I had to order one of the sockets. Guess it won't get done this weekend either.

Comment

3/8 drive is the most common size.....1/2 drive inch is the bigger rachet you get with most mechanic tool sets, i.e. the craftsman sets also the more heavy duty impact such as my cousin has (diesel mechanic) are also 1/2 inch drive

-goat

Comment

what I meant was, the check/fill plug in most axles accepts a 3/8 drive ratchet or extension, as opposed to the larger half-inch drive.

Comment

ok i feel dumb

lol

-goat

Comment

Working...
                        X