X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb swap for Carter 2BB

Just got the jeep catalog for the holiday season and see two carbs for sale that claim to replace the Carter..one a Weber and the other and off brand. Reading the print, it says it takes the computer out of the equation. I am poised to order..do I do the nuter bypass and then swap out the carb, or do I not care and just get the carb and take off all the stuff as directed. It appears I will have to install a manual choke..is that correct? If this works, I'll have 2 Carters for sale..1 rebuilt and 1 needing a rebuild. Thanks for the help. I just don't want to do something dumb and have a dead jeep in the driveway.

When changing to the Weber there are two choices on the OEM garbage under the hood.
    1. Unplug and leave it hang! The vehicle will run fine since the computer only runs the carb and the 2 million switches and solenoids required to make the air cleaner(only when new does this stuff work) from the Fuel Feedback system. That is a Ford system that never worked well for them either.
    2. Open up copmplete engine compartment harness and disect the computer from the main harness. There will be about 3 wires that hook both harnesses together, BUT they have to be cut and spliced since this is the power feed for distr and ign control module.

Note: Nutter Bypass is only used to fool the OEM Fuel Feedback system into thinking its a reg carb.
    Good luck! The Webers run great with a little setup.
    FYI: always run a fuel pressure regulator on the Webers.

Comment

Working...
    X