X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks and bump stops

Okay, new project in unchartered territory...I snapped my two front shocks while wheeling and it appears they bottomed out. My front passenger bump stop (appears to be factory) is broken/cracked and may have caused the initial problem. I noticed the front passenger side shock snapped while experiencing "higher than normal" flex. A short time later, the front driver side shock snapped as well. Strange, considering I was wheeling this ride for almost a full year. Here is my question, what is the proper technique to replace both bump stops and shocks? What do I all need to measure to ensure this does not happen again? I'm prepared to replace all four shocks plus install the red polyurathane (?) bump stops. Any experienced input is appreciated. By the way it is an '86 CJ7 widetrack with a D30 in the front, D44 in the rear, if that helps. Thanks.

If your not lifted then all you have to do is replace the stock ones.
    If you are lifted you will need to measure out where you bottom out at and get a block for that distance. If you buy the premade ones make sure you get one that bottoms out before your shock hits out. This will keep your jeep from eating shocks.

Comment

Working...
    X