X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motorcraft 2100 carb jetting

Replaced my carter with the motorcraft and have seen a big difference.
    Now I'd like to fine tune a little and get the jetting better.
    Running size 52 jets right now.
    Any advice for an otherwise stock 258 six cylinder with no emmissions?

r/wdd

I'm curious to the answers you get too.

I want to swap out the Holley I have on my 258 with a MC2100. What did you get yours off of? Did it come with the electronic choke?

Comment

I got this off of an old ford p/u for $20. (1980's with an electric choke, easy to fix)

With a rebuild kit, new air cleaner and some carb cleaner etc I have about $85 in the whole thing.

RUNS GREAT, just need to be careful building the linkage (not that bad).

Just think it might be a little rich and want to get it dialed in better,

r/wdd

Comment

SW-
        I'm getting ready to do mine..the choke, how did that work..did you do a manual pull...overall..what did you leave for the emission stuff or just cap everything?

Comment

There is a fella named COAS on the JU forum that really has loads of resources for the mc2100, here is one of his statements on jetting:

The float is also relevant, it should be set, usually, to 7/16 from the top. the range for stock 258 with #46 jets is 7/16-9/16 inch.

The holly part number for the mc2100 is 64-5305 for 1.08mm
          alternate numbers are 64-5177 and 64-5176 (different choke assemblies I had the dude at vato zone look up which choke was which. )

I've heard that the 70's model carbs from a 302 engine work best

I took this advice for my set up and its a dream. I also use the manual choke.The jeep fires right up hot or cold, runs like a champ.

For emissions i'm running a 3 port CTO, to control the EGR valve. I also have the emissions canister hooked up with everything also. PCV running to the base of the carb, breather to the air cleaner assembly.

Fantastic low buck mod for a CJ. Especially when you pair it with HEI iggnition. or TFI whatever floats your boat.

Comment

thanks for the advice.

r/wdd

Comment

Working...
            X