X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CJ5 DD Lift Which One?

I have a 76 CJ 5 with 2 inch of lift and 32 inch tires. I have been thinking for a while about lifting it. It is my DD and does see the interstate once a week or so. I am thinking of doin the Warrior Shackle reverse. Should i go with a 2.5 inch lift or a 4 inch lift? Tires with the 2.5 would prolly be 35s and 37s with the 4 inch. I will be running weekend trails and would like a clearance improvement without sacrificing safety on the highway. I dont mind having a slightly worse ride as its a crappy ride anyways. Any advice, opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Originally posted by Lamb.CJ5
    I have a 76 CJ 5 with 2 inch of lift and 32 inch tires. I have been thinking for a while about lifting it. It is my DD and does see the interstate once a week or so. I am thinking of doin the Warrior Shackle reverse. Should i go with a 2.5 inch lift or a 4 inch lift? Tires with the 2.5 would prolly be 35s and 37s with the 4 inch. I will be running weekend trails and would like a clearance improvement without sacrificing safety on the highway. I dont mind having a slightly worse ride as its a crappy ride anyways. Any advice, opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    right now you have 2" lift with 32's, and you wanna run 35's with only ading a 1/2". i'd go with a 4 to 4.5 lift with 35's that way you still have some tire clerence between fender's. i'm doing a shackle reversal from m.o.r.e. have'nt driven it yet, but heard good thing's about the set up. what type of lift i'd go with R.E or are host. hope that helps with your decesion.

Comment

I have 33's with a 4" lift. My rear tires rub from time to time, only when twisted hard.

Comment

I have a 75 with 2.5 inches of lift and I run 33's. 4 inch lift could get tippy.

High5

Comment

If you want to run 35's or 37's you should probably swap in a set of widetrack axles if you're concerned about safety on the highway at all....

Comment

Working...
          X