X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bomb Proof motor mounts

I am finally getting my cj back together. I have edelbrock in-frame headers on an amc 360. The exhaust is very close to the brake/fuel lines on the drivers side.there is plenty of room on the passenger side. Is it possible that I have the MORE bomb proof motor mounts reversed? I lost the directions. I have the longer straight one on the passenger side. Also would it be best to turn the exhaust out before the rear wheels?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Last edited by weeha66; 11-19-2006, 11:33 AM.

they would not bolt up if they were switched.

Comment

Heh Mike!

Originally posted by weeha66
      I am finally getting my cj back together. I have edelbrock in-frame headers on an amc 360. The exhaust is very close to the brake/fuel lines on the drivers side.there is plenty of room on the passenger side. Is it possible that I have the MORE bomb proof motor mounts reversed? I lost the directions. I have the longer straight one on the passenger side. Also would it be best to turn the exhaust out before the rear wheels?

Thanks,
      Mike

Heh Mike, need to do one of two things.
      1) wrap the headers with special wrap, or
      2) fab a shield between the header and frame.
      Good luck HMR-RSQ

Comment

Yes, and wrap them before you install them!!! Or fabricate a heat shield. I was out there all day trying to wrap them while installed. I quit and am going to try again in a few days when I soak my gaskets like some one told me to.

Also, if you have inframe headers, you will have to route the exhaust under the frame to exhaust it out before the rear wheels. Um, I might know where you could find some fenderwell exhaust headers.
        Last edited by 47driver; 11-19-2006, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Hey guys, I'd like to caution you on wrapping headers. Any company I've seen that offers HTC coated headers states that wrapping them with any material will void the finish warranty. It may also effect warranty against cracks since it holds the heat around tubes. I would go with a shield if warranty is a concern.

Comment

I'm wrapping mine for heat AND to cover them up...they ugly! I don't know where I got any of these headers, so I guess I don't have a warranty either.

But thanks for the warning.

Comment

Thanks for the helpfull info. I have edelbrock shorty headers. I think I will just wrap the exhaust pipes from the headers back to the crossmember.

Comment

Working...
              X