X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Filler cap

Does anybody know where I can get an oil filler cap for a 1984 CJ7. The catch I am running into is that I have swapt out the valve cover for an aluminum one from Q-tec and they apparently do not have a replaceable one. It is rubber and pops in and out. Somebody's gotta know something?

Thanks,
    Geep

Go look for an oil cap that fits a 92 S-10 blazer with the 4.3L TBI motor. Those are the little rubber ones that pop in and out. May fit, May not, but worth a look.

Comment

Check the parts store. I just switched to a vented oil filler cap that is push-in. I got a 1 1/4'' grommet for a chrysler valve cover and cut my plastic cover to accept the grommet, then used the newer push-in style cap. Advance Auto has different sizes/styles (vented and non vented) so you should be able to find one you like.

Comment

I was kinda looking to get an original as the valve cover is near new. Anybody have any thoughts?

Comment

The original one will not work with your cover swap. The original was a plastic cover and teh cap locked in. You will be able to get one from the parts store. I have one from autozone. Do not knoow what one it is as I took my old one in and we searched through a bunch until we got the right one. I had to sand down the rubber rim a bit to get it to go into the hole better.

Comment

yea cmon man...mod it a bit...what is it a showpony???

Comment

Go grab a Mr. Gasket cap and a new grommet. That's what I did to my cover and it works much better than the original from the plastic valve cover.

Comment

Working...
              X