X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Q

Ive been trying to figure out y my 304 went south, it ate the dist drive gears. I thinkg it just wore out, or a oiling problem came about. The engine started going down hill slowly, the idle got worse and worse till I took it to get the carb looked at. I was told I needed a new carb due to warn out bushings. So I Saved up and swaped the old 2 bbl to a holley 600cfm 4 bbl and a edelbrock performer intake. I did the swap myself as my first actualy engine project. I dont remember dropping anything into the engine that would mess anything up.
    My Dad and my Uncle are tellin me not to put the carb and intake on this new-to-me engine saying it could have been the problem, to me there is no way that could have happened, but I need some arguments for my side, the added gas into the engine wouldnt effect the cam walk/oil problem, would it? We still dont know what made the engine chew the gear, so its all in the air, but I dont want to waist the money that I sent on the carb and intake.
    thanks
    Todd

ud be surprised how esay it is to drop something in and not know it. Ive done it, i never noticed but my dad did, one time im glad he was making sure i was doing things right....had to dig around for a couple of hours to get the nut out...

-goat

Comment

Thanks, I foud out what I needed to know.
      Todd

Comment

Working...
      X