X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake hardware swap

Does anybody know if the brake springs and hardware off of a 1983 Grand Wagoner with a modle 20 rearend will fit on a dana 44 out of a 1974 cj5 ?

I doubt it will fit, but on a related note, why would you want to reuse old hardware? Brake hardware is so incredibly cheap, and so much safer to buy new that you would have to be crazy to try a swap like that.

Check it out...

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...pe=354&ptset=A

And that is the expensive name brand raybestos

Comment

I doubt it, but I used Ford 9" 1/2 ton pickup backing plates with my Dana 60 semi float that uses Dana 44 style ends and bearings. It is the same Bendix based system. I then used Jeep 11" drums and shoes. Don't want to stake my life on it but over 3000 miles and no problems except gravel and mud from wheelin.

Comment

Thank's guy's

I have a 78 cj 7 that I bought cheap. The rear axle has been changed out, wich I think came out of a 74 cj5. It does not have any brake hdw on the drivers side just the wheel cylinder and brake drum.I also have a 83 grand wagoner that is just for parts (AMC 360) thats why I was wondering about the hdw from the wagoner. Have visited Advanced and found the parts .

Comment

Working...
        X