X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lift Q's

Does a black diamond 3" lift come with everything i need?

Anything else i need to or should do after lift is on?

Or before the lift is on?

I believe that is all you need. I have never installed one myself but I have heard good things about them. Considering buying one this spring for my cj. I think its one of the best lifts for the $. If you put one on send me message of how you like it. I talked to a couple of other guys that have them on and they think its a great lift for the $. The only negitive I see for me anyway is I would like to run 33's but with this lift prolly only run 31 with no rubbing. One thing I did hear though is if you run a hard top you going to want to add a leaf in the rear or you will get a little sagging.
    Last edited by cj71986; 12-06-2006, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Don't forget longer brake lines, and new shackles are nice if you can swing them, I broke 6 of the 16 shackle bolts doing my swap. As for the sag, clic on my pic link and go to page 5 , bottom pic. Thats how mine sits w/the hardtop, spare and 2 gerry cans (empty).

Comment

On the new 4wd magazine that just came out it says that you can run 32 11.50's with the black diamond 3" lift? And i also like the "Pre-Runner" type of look.

Are longer brake lines somthing you have to do? Im just doing normal driving and some off road wheelin no major flexing.

And do the shackles help a lot?

I do have a hard top on my 83' cj7.

My jeep is exactly like yours Hill Bill E but every thing is factory.

Any tips??
        Last edited by 83renegade; 12-07-2006, 12:27 PM.

Comment

I run 33's with a 2.5 4wd.com lift. Easy to install, everything there to install. The ride is much improved over stock. No complaints.

High5

Comment

Just for the record, our stock (no lift) '81 CJ-7 has 31x10.50's on it, and it only slightly rubs on turns all the way to the left.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...g/DSCF1000.jpg

Comment

About a week before you do your lift spray all the bolts down with PB Blaster it will make it easier.

Comment

Just cut the bolts off. If it's like mine, you'll need to. I sprayed and sprayed and ended up using the grinder on them. Save yourself some time and cut them off.

High5

Comment

Working...
                X