X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrysler 8.8

Will a chrysler 8.8 rear and dana 30 front from an 85 cherokee fit an 85 cj7 with no modifications.
    The reason i am asking is, I started a chevy axle swap and have decided to go back with jeep axles instead. I am having trouble finding any jeep axles close to here. If the 8.8 will not work, does anybody know of any jeep axles close to west central Georgia.

I assume you have the small midsize XJ not the full size Wagoneer/Cherokee. Sorry to contradict you but unless someone has done some swapping the XJ should have a Dana 30 front and a Dana 35 rear. The other XJ rears were Dana44's on towpackages in early models and Chrysler 8.25's on late models.
    Now the biggy all CJ's have the front axle drop on pass side and all Wranglers and XJ's have the drop on drivers side.
    For axles close to home try Georges Jeep Parts in Miss at
    601-542-0013 Tell him Woody sent ya!
    Last edited by woody; 12-06-2006, 11:59 AM.

Comment

its no problem. I dont know anything about cherokees. I am looking for axles for my cj7. I found the ad on ebay about the axles.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DANA-...55540949QQrdZ1

Comment

you may just want to do a 8.8 swap from a exploder the axle may be a fairly close bolt in i know the perches are about a 1.5 narrower than a yj, as for the front, no idear there sorry

Comment

Working...
        X