X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with my steering wheel

Can anyone tell me if the nut on my 1947 cj2a jeep steering wheel is threaded normally or if its backwards? thanks

i dont own a cj2a, but i can see its your first post. so let me be the first to welcome you to the forum, im sure theres many others around here that would know =]

if it were me, it would be time =D

take care, and a happy howdy jeep wave!

-matt

Comment

it's threaded normal. it's a real pain in the *** to get it off. my steering wheel on my 1945 2a took me almost a month. if you haven't found www.thecj2apage.com and it's forum yet go check it out. were all just willys nerds and are totaly have ocd when it comes to our flat fenders. do you have pics of your jeep? i'd love to see them. mine are at the bottom of my post in my signuture

Comment

Thanks to Matt for the welcome and thanks to mike for the answer to my question. i thought i was the only one getting my *ss kicked by the steering wheel. I actually stole your picture album place mike, so you can see my jeep there. Thanks again

Comment

cool, i took a quick look over your album. i'll take longer look later. do you have questions? i've been playing w/ cj2a's for the last 10 years or so. i should be able to help you out w/ all the stuff that will begin to drive you nutz. use the cj2a page as much as possible. some of those guys are crazy but very helpfull. they know their $hit!

Comment

Off Topic

mikeg576 I checked out some of your pictures at assateague island maryland. I didn't know that there was any where in MD that you could offroad on the beach, that's is pretty sweet. Are there any other good places in MD to Offroad?

I live in Bethesda, MD and am in the process of finally getting my 65 cj5 engine rebuilt, so hopefully I will be up and running for next summer.

Comment

i'm tring to get into some trails in bel air. there is also trails road near whiteford .
              i do agree that cj's are the real jeeps. i have one, although i've never driven it.

Comment

Cool CJ2a site- anybody know if there is a 3a site?

Comment

check this site out. mike is a great guy and he can tell you whats on line for the 3a. he also has a 3a that was featured in jrations magazine.
                  http://www.jeepchasm.com/
                  ps i did get into some trails in bel air today w/ a friend of mine and his 2 door jk. i'm posting the pics and movies in my photo album http://mikegardner.myphotoalbum.com/...umName=album15
                  Last edited by mikeg576; 08-18-2007, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X