X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soft top zipper

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix a zipper on a soft top window. the zipper is off track and it zips up and un zips at the same time. I've had the worst luck with this new soft top.

I've heard that you can squeeze the zipper head closed slightly to make it work. Havent tried it myself though.

Comment

You said new soft top. Is it still under warranty?

Comment

personally if it were under warrenty, i would send it back, if not go to an sewing shop and ask them to look at it,,,,

but once u get it fixed get urself some zipper wax,,,, they sell this for wetsuits, to keep the zippers lubricated in salt water,,,,,and yes it works

Comment

as mentioned, a pair of pliers can fix this sometimes by squeezing the parts together. a shoe repair shop can sew in new zippers to.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure if it's under warranty. I bought it im February of this year. Bestop has already replace the door window once for a leak. This top must have been made on a Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by oros35
              I've heard that you can squeeze the zipper head closed slightly to make it work. Havent tried it myself though.
              Squeeze the head slightly.Then zip it with a pair of pliers while holding the front of the head down and the back up.You can always pay an upholstery shop to sew metal zippers in place of the plastic ones.

Comment

Originally posted by devildog
                This top must have been made on a Monday.
                It was built on a Friday at 4:30 by a drunk illiterate trainee with instructions written in spainish.

Comment

Maybe this!

http://www.jeepsareus.com/Merchant2/...er%20pulls.jpg
                  http://www.jeepsareus.com/Merchant2/...duct_Code=lv61

Good Luck

Comment

I use the mopar zipper stuff. My are real easy to zip and it cleans the zipper.

Comment

Originally posted by MADDOGsrfr81
                      I use the mopar zipper stuff. My are real easy to zip and it cleans the zipper.
                      Maddog

Did you get that at the dealer?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MADDOGsrfr81
                        I use the mopar zipper stuff. ,,,.
                        What's that?

Comment

Working...
                        X