Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top question Cj5 -80

Hi

I need to replace the top on my jeep. today I have an old supertop in black vinyl and it seems to have shrunk over the years, it has become to small especially around the windscreen frame or are all supertops that way? I need new top and doors with frames. What are your experiences? what should I buy?

Supertop bestop.

As far as shrinkage, my old vinyl top was just plain nasty. Really hard to put on. I had to leave it in the sun and put it on when it was nice and warm out...not when I wanted the top on!

My Bestop was a much better fabric. It took a few times putting it on and off and leaving it on for a winter to get it to "break in" to where it was fairly easy to put on, even in the rain. My Supertop was a current model, very different than the old vinyl junk.

4WD carries them, though I am sure there is a European supplier too.

Comment

We have a supertop on the 79 and it is great. Seals better than the acme ht in winter

Comment

All fabric tops shrink. The older they get the tighter they get. I noticed that going from my old supertop to my new one that Bestop added some more fabric in certain spots so they do seal up nice. Your not going to find a better top than the supertop.

Comment

Working...
        X