X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edelbrock

Yeah I'm stumped, I contacted a saleman for edelbrock and asked if they made a Crate that would just fit right in my 1974 CJ-5 with out making too meny mods. ( I have a 304 in it) they told me yes and sayed they don't have anything emissons legal. Now I am exempt from emissons test due to the age of my CJ. Is this going to change?

By the way thanks for you help last time guy. It is a 304 I just couldn't see it untill I cleaned off the oil built up.

Crate ???

Comment

i'm not in your state legistlature so i can't tell you if your laws are going to change. but in the mean time you can have the crate engine and still not have to get an echeck. they go by vehicle year, not engine year.

Comment

I'm pretty sure anything over 30yrs is exempt in Ca.. Make a call to a local smog shop or the DMV for their info. DP

Comment

I just put the whole top end package for the 304 from Edelbrock and it's a '78
          and they give you a little sticker that says CA smog legal
          In CA right now it over 30 years no smog. We will see how long that last.
          You are excepted now it would be pretty hard for them to change that.
          If you mean create like long bblock there are lotsa places to get one here all somg legal.
          Last edited by Ratman; 02-17-2005, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X