X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper Suspension Setup

I apologize if this has been discussed before, before the hack I tried to search for info but came up (mostly) empty

I have a 77 CJ-5 that is mostly stock. I want to run Full Traction's 2 inch shackle reversal kit and add 2.5" lift YJ springs. I am concerned about driveshaft length. I've read alot about the science behind it, it basically increases the travel needed both in extention and contraction. has anyone here run a similar setup? if so did you have driveshaft issues? Thanks!

installing Saturday

I'm installing the Rubicon Express 2.5 " suspension lift on Saturday (82 CJ7) which is a YJ spring conversion in the front. I'll let you know if we have any driveshaft issues.

Justin

Comment

Does that also incorporate reversed shackles?

Comment

With the 2" SRS and 2.5 YJ springs on a CJ5 you will have to put in a CV style rear driveshaft. A standard shaft will not accomodate the driveline angle and will bind in the U Joints (trust me I know from first hand experience on my 79 CJ5).

The front shaft you can probably run for now, but it is possible that upon full articulation the shaft might come apart...installing a shaft with a longer slip would deffinitely be optimum

Matt

Comment

I read in my research on shackle reverse that if the driveshaft is unable to compress far enough for the suspension it will punch a hole through the transfer case. Watch yourself.

wait, maybe I just found a way to convince the wife to upgrade from the quadratrac........ HA HA HA !!!!!

anybody got a dana 18?

Comment

Working...
          X