X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM HEI Distributor

I saw a distributor on ebay that has been machined to fit a AMC 304. I think I read before that someone has used it. Does anybody have an experience with his product? I see they average about 100 dollars cheaper than brand new, I just dont want to waste money and get something I wont be satisfied with. Any input would be helpfull. Thanks, Mike.

Try bulltear I think I remember reading how to build one overthere.

Comment

you can pickup good quality ones for $99. that's hard to beat. even compared to doing it yourself.

Comment

Fubar, where did you find them for $99.00? I'd buy that right now!

Comment

maddog racing. if they don't have it at $99 currently, tell them you've seen it for $99 and they'll match it. if you watch ebay you can find them there for $99.

Comment

HEI distributor

I purchased the HEI distributor off of Ebay for my AMC 360. I love it. Single wire connection, completely waterproof as compared to the ole prestolite distributor. Worked perfect right out of the box. I have had it about 2 yrs now, no probs., and parts are easy to locate. Paid around $100 for it.
            This is the same guy I purchase from. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

Comment

Thats what I wanted to hear. I am watching them now, seems like everybody wants them and its driving the cost up to 200 or more dollars, which is still cheaper than brand new. I emailed mad dog about it but they have not responded to that yet.

Comment

if you search the internet you can find more people that sell them. then tell them that mad dog has them for $99 and ask them to price match.

Comment

BTW, this distributor is exactly what the high priced DUI distributor is! They sell for around 300, but have high voltage coil, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by joeycj5
                    BTW, this distributor is exactly what the high priced DUI distributor is! They sell for around 300, but have high voltage coil, etc.
                    my $99 HEI has a 50000 volt coil. doesn't get any higher voltage than that.

Comment

Right FUBAR, I did the same to my Ebay unit, Swapped out the cap and coil with a High Volt coil. Works like a charm.

Comment

Working...
                      X