X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame tie-in for stock cj7 sport bar

Does anyone make a frame tie-in kit for a late model cj7 with a stock sport bar? I see some are available for aftermarket sport bars/cages.
    Thanks

Originally posted by woodsrunner
    Does anyone make a frame tie-in kit for a late model cj7 with a stock sport bar? I see some are available for aftermarket sport bars/cages.
    Thanks

4WD makes one. Part number 47987. Here's a link http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?pid=47987

Comment

looks interesting

Checked on the link but where do all these parts go. I'm a little worried about my four point only attached to the glass?

Comment

Questions

Thanks for the llink. Right now the factory roll bar/sport bar attaches to the body which is in turn attached to the frame with rubber mounts (or some kind of flexible mount). Kentrol's tie-in looks like metal to metal to metal. Where's the flex? Or is that not an issue?

Comment

Frame flex is not an issue for a short wheel base, especially if you have good articulation. When you tie it to the frame it becomes a roll bar, instead of a 'sport bar'. Although the Jeep bars are designed to work, a frame mounted bar is safer, especially at higher speeds.

Redtail, I would most definately tie in to the frame w/a glass tub. The tie in kit works great, but does require grinding/welding.

You'll probably here a lot of pro's and con's rgarding frame flex, IMO if you have articulation, the stiffer the frame the better.

Comment

M
            Originally posted by redtail
            Checked on the link but where do all these parts go. I'm a little worried about my four point only attached to the glass?
            Mine mounts to the frame right behind the seats. I need to do the tie in at the rear.

Comment

Working...
            X