X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• temperature sensor pissing me off

my temp gauge works fine when i take out the temp sensor, ground it and heat it up with a lighter...hooked up normally the gauge doesn't even move...but when i ran a ground wire to the sensor the gauge would creep up just a bit...i put a new temp sensor in it and it doesnt move at all now...is my gauge screwed up?

Good chance it is. I had a problem with mine. I did all the normal tests and the gauge seemed to work fine so I put a new temp sensor in it hardly moved. I finally got so ticked off I decided to replace the gauge and now it works fine. Of course I also ended up replacing all of my gauges with some new Ultra-lites, much to my wifes dimay.

Comment

i saw the other post where you bought that service manual...i yearn for the day when i too, buy a factory service manual for my Jeep...i see the ones we have at the Toyota dealer where i work and they are much more informative than the Haynes or Chiltons manuals ya get at auto stores....heck...i bet our host could make more money off of us if they gave us all a factory service manual....HINT, HINT

Comment

you don't put thread sealer on that sensor by any chance do you? Did a PO use a plastic based thread repair on it?

How is you ground strap (engine to frame) pretty ratty looking, painted over?

Just some things to check.

Comment

Originally posted by the Captain
          i saw the other post where you bought that service manual...i yearn for the day when i too, buy a factory service manual for my Jeep...i see the ones we have at the Toyota dealer where i work and they are much more informative than the Haynes or Chiltons manuals ya get at auto stores....heck...i bet our host could make more money off of us if they gave us all a factory service manual....HINT, HINT

Captn you at Rice a roni?

Comment

This thread might help you
            Test #6 and #8
            http://www.luanjp.com/images/Mod/Ele...eQuickTest.htm

Comment

The only type of sealer that I used was some teflon tape around the threads.
              As far as the manual goes, I guess my playing stupid paid off for once. I did get a pretty deal on it on Amazom, only $88 buck plus shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by jeepmedic
                Captn you at Rice a roni?
                Naw, out in HP at the other one

Comment

Working...
                X