X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front bench seat

I was thinking of putting a front bench seat in my cj7, maybe from a ranger or s10. Is this a dumb idea or has anyone else done it? I'm also not sure if it would fit.

What?

Sounds pretty stupid to me. Oh, that didn't sond very nice.

Comment

why is it stupid

Comment

ok, well i was thinking of putting the bench seat in front, and taking out the back seat for more storage.

Comment

Oh No

I cant even picture a bench front seat in a JEEP. That was a dumb reply on my part. Sorry for the input I was out of line.
          Last edited by redtail; 05-07-2007, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Bench Seat

I had a 1977 CJ7 with an original front bench seat - still see them on Ebay once in a while. I liked it - without a center console it provided a lot of room to set things on and they didn't fall out. It was 2/3 driver and 1/3 passenger.

Comment

oh sorry i guess i took the reply the wrong way. I just didn't know if anyone else had done it. I liked having a bench seat in the trucks ive had and want my jeep and a bench seat, maybe that makes more sense. but either way it's all good.
              Last edited by kccjeep86cj7; 05-07-2007, 10:02 PM.

Comment

The bench seat CJ's were offered 1976-1979 in cj7's only. And I think only with the column shift Quadratrac automatic trans. Not the easyest thing to find.

Comment

Originally posted by woody
                  The bench seat CJ's were offered 1976-1979 in cj7's only. And I think only with the column shift Quadratrac automatic trans. Not the easyest thing to find.
                  Sorry Woody but I have seen them in CJ-5's as well.
                  Don't like them.
                  A guy in High School had one and if you put something on the seat you would loose it out the open door on a turn.
                  Give me my center console anyday.
                  As far as could it be done, heck ya, we are jeepers we can do anything. Will it look good? Well nothing is for sure.

Oh, don't mind Redtail, he has got bit by cobble freak and hated it. So I think he is a little touchy about it.
                  Last edited by Penguin; 05-08-2007, 12:19 PM.

Comment

well i know i could make it work somehow but didn't know if someone had done it and had pictures. If i do it, i'll take pictures.

Penguin:cobble freak? what?

Comment

Cobble freak?

Originally posted by Penguin
                      Sorry Woody but I have seen them in CJ-5's as well.
                      Don't like them.
                      A guy in High School had one and if you put something on the seat you would loose it out the open door on a turn.
                      Give me my center console anyday.
                      As far as could it be done, heck ya, we are jeepers we can do anything. Will it look good? Well nothing is for sure.

Oh, don't mind Redtail, he has got bit by cobble freak and hated it. So I think he is a little touchy about it.
                      Who or what is cobble freak. I can be stupid some days and admitt it.

Comment

I have seen them in CJ5's, but only in pictures.

How about just mocking it up and see what you think? Maybe a couple milk crates and some cardboard...

I really don't think you would be able to get a third person in front, unless it was a small child without a car seat. But it has been done before!

Comment

Your right. in fact when I looked it up in Jeep parts book it shows option back to 1974-75 CJ5 and clear up to 1980 on 5's & 7's
                          I had only seen them in the auto CJ7s till today.
                          A ssmart feller learns somthin new every day.
                          "Yesterday I could'nt spell mechnik, today I is one"

Comment

Wow, you have never heard of something cobble?
                            Put togeather in a way that is not quite up to specs.
                            Redneck engineering...
                            Polishized...

Sometimes it is ok, sometimes it is not.
                            When most of your jeep is this way it is bad.

Comment

ive seen an astro van bench seat installed in a cj-7. it was an easy bolt in. but even the owner thought the seat was too tall and he is gonna cut the bracket to lower it. i think its pretty neat but id never do it. just not as safe as a high back seat and i couldnt run a harness

Comment

Working...
                              X